Saturday, May 8, 2010

"Take from your health for your sickness and take from your life for your death."

http://cid-bc576edaf584a939.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!BC576EDAF584A939!232.entry



Bismillaah Wal Hamdulillah Was Salaatu Was Salaamu 'Alaa Rasoolillaahi Wa Ba'd:

Subhaanallaah. I not sure how to introduce this advice (to myself firstly and everyone who reads this), except to say that Ibn 'Umar used to say: "Take from your health for your sickness and take from your life for your death."

This is an excerpt (I transcribed it from the youtube video) from a brother that was paralysed (may Allaah cure him and make it easy for him). It a tremendous, tremendous reminder for us.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbNnH4cA_d4&feature=related


Interviewer: "Of course, this is the Qadr of Allaah ('Azza wa Jall) and we do not object to it, Allaah says: "..And perhaps you dislike something that is good for you, Allaah knows and you do not know." However Yaa Abdallaah, I ask you (tell me) about the most important things that you used to have (and now you don't) and you would wish to have them back after what afflicted you from your paralysis."


Abdullah: "Wishes?"...... (he pauses), I have three wishes that concern me but I cannot have them.

(First)
I wish I could prostrate to Allaah just one sajdah......then never rise from it. (he smiles)

There is an ayah in the Qur'aan that says:

"On the Day when the Shin will be uncovered, and then they will be called to sujood (to prostrate) and they will not be able to..." (Surah Al Qalam)

Today, I can't make sujood (prostration) I wish I could prostrate to Allaah just once.....but when I was able to walk, I used to leave off and neglect many of the Salaah.



Some people perhaps feel sad for me (in my condition) right??.....(he pauses), when they see me like this, they are grieved....but those people were not sad when I never used to pray (the Salaah).

Interviewer: "The second (wish)?"

Abdullaah: "The second? (I wish) that I was able to turn one page of the mus-haf (i.e. the Qur'aan)......this is something you people don't realise, (to do that) is like (climbing) a mountain for me.


The third.....is that in a Day of 'Eid or a special occasion or a day of happiness, (I wish I could) enter through the door and embrace and hug my mother.....

And concerning his mother, Yaa Subhaanallaah, listen to what he says....may Allaah pardon and forgive us. Aaameen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFpLMfkTiqU&feature=related

No comments: